In 2019 the Registry wedding at the local Court House has been removed as an option provided by the Births, Deaths and Marriages.
In Te Awamutu, this limits options for low key, no fuss weddings. So here’s my spin on the ‘Registry Style’ wedding ceremony for my local Waipa couples!
As like Registry office weddings, I will offer a Set Scripted (non-negotiable) style ceremony but one that conveys my style.
The details lie in the conditions outlined below:
- Your ceremony can be held at a location of your choice: your home, or a local place as long as it is within the Te Awamutu area (within a 20km radius of the centre of town)
- Travel over and above this will incur further expenses (POA)
- Set scripted style weddings will only occur Sunday-Friday after 5.30 pm
- You will have no more than 8 guests (excluding children), however, must include 2 witnesses
- The ceremony will start at the agreed time of booking
- Includes one meet and greet via Zoom or phone call
- You will be sent a questionnaire to gain information for the set script
- You will be able to write your own vows
- Payment of $240 will be paid in full, at the time of booking
Couples will be responsible for purchasing the:
- Marriage Licence (AKA Particulars of Marriage) $150
- Marriage Certificate $33
However, Kylie will guide you on this application.
NB Witnesses can be provided on request and at extra cost